PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A dream too far
Thread: A dream too far
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 19:40
great expectations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke,

Takes a lot to get me worked up but that post just about managed it Luke. If you haven't got compassion and sympathy then I don't want guys like you on my flight deck. This is a human factors job, and as far as I'm concerned we all have our own paths in life. Don't know about your company, but most times I go to work we aren't screaming at 400kts towards hills, so that wasn't a rational point you made. You don't have to be superman to be good at this job - it's just a job and any one can be good at it. I'm nobody special, but I'm ok at what I do and I don't go ouit of my way to put people down or make judgements about who is or isn't worthy of sitting beside me. I'm an ordinary girl, nothing special about me, and if I can do it so can redmania.
This job attracts too many arrogant idiots who think they're special.

Redmania, they're not all like that. The successful guys are always encouraging, thats what CRM is all about.

And, Luke by the way, you wouldn't catch me dead working in McDonalds, passion for flying or no passion, you'd never see the day. So I wouldn't expect it of anyone else either. Get a grip. Being an airline pilot is not a test of what you have withstood or sacrificed in the past to get to where you are. It is not survival of the fittest. It's just luck of the draw and I know that it can be very hard to take when your lot doesn't come up. Ive been there. But I'm one of the chosen few and I'm grateful, even though I didn't wash planes or sell my house or work in fast food... I know I'm worthy of it because of who I am, not what Ive done. Redmania in himself/ or hereself may be far more deserving than the hardest working plane scrubber you can find. Ponder on.
xxxx