PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sax/link?
Thread: Sax/link?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 13:55
beechbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravo 190,
As far as I know, it looks as if the hiring at Link has come to a grinding halt. I understand that 4 or so Embraer guys have left or are leaving within the month and I know of a couple of Jetstream guys who are leaving for greener pastures. Apparently Mr Foster has put a stop to any hiring. But I think things will change so just keep on trying.
Mr Gimbal, I know many a pilot, including myself who has had no help from fathers, mothers, uncles or whoever it may be and have still been able to climb the ladder. Its been a long and slow process let me tell you and I share your sentiments but don't go slagging off the industry as it won't get you anywhere.
Keep trying and it will happen. It did for me!!!!
Having re-read your reply, you seem very bitter about the whole aviation scene here. Maybe you should get into something else. Airlines all around the world are full of nepotism, Qantas for example won't even look at you unless some sort of relative has walked on their holy turf - Cathay, Virgin and a few others are almost the same, so I think its not all that bad in our world!!!!