PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O.A.T vs Stapleford.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 11:04
pink flamingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi you all

with:

OAT has a high reputation and standard of instruction both for ground school and flight training which Stapleford has not and has never had.

i meant that OAT is a well known FTO and quite popular all over the world. I reckon this is due to several facts:

1. it used to be one of the FTO with most of airline sponsorship

2. used to issure the ATPL ground training manual in cooperation with Jeppesen (and those manuals were and still are the most popular around the world)

3. Is the one who produced a Met CD in cooperation with METOFFICE, also used all over the world.

I reckon there are several points that has made OAT a well known and reputable FTO.

With this i do not mean that Stapleford is not but as Essex boy said:

and if you search the forums you won't find a bad word against them, they have a v.good reputation which has grown rapidly with the school over the past few years ... The most probable reason for this is the Price and the Training
YOU WON'T FIND A BAD WORD which is true but on the other hand you will not even find that many good comments tu sustain such a great reputation.

Said that we also got to consider avaiation is a very small circle, yesterday was OAT, today may be Stapleford and tomorrow ????

Make a wise choice and try to stick with it. I do not agree with advancement payment as i reckon there are no guarantee and the risk is quite high. Whichever FTO you choose make sure you got also all facilities required for your training.

kind regards
PF