PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O.A.T vs Stapleford.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 09:08
AIRWAY

PPRuNe Co-Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And several with Airline experience (previous and current) which is an advantage.
Correct,

My current instructor, is an ex corporate pilot ( captain ) also an ex Aeronautical Engineer, and currently a CAA examiner, know dont you wish to have an instructor like this

I will give you my honest opinion of Stapleford unlike some other training providers at stapleford we are not just a number ( and i know this because before i went to stapleford i was in a so called "best" flying training provider in the uk and the service i got was to say the least a disgrace ) so i think im qualified to answer this. Dont feel tempted by the marketing departments of flying schools it can be deceiving this was my initial mistake before i joined Stapleford, but i managed to correct it before it was too late.

Moved training provider to Stapleford thanks to a friend of mine also flying at EGSG. Fair enough Stapleford might not be big like OAT or Cabair but they certainly make us feel welcomed and they try their best, the only negative bit i dont like is the cessna fleet, they are very old, but anyway im flying pipers which are in good conditions and some of them are quite recent from 2002.

As for the rest, please read Essex Boy he is spot on.

But like i said this is my opinion, while im happy at Stapleford, someone else might not be, but do a search using the pprune search engine and im sure you will find more info.

Regards