PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O.A.T vs Stapleford.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 06:19
ESSEX BOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PF ....

OAT has a high reputation and standard of instruction both for ground school and flight training which Stapleford has not and has never had.
Not quite sure what mean ... Stapleford have been training professionally for over 50 years, and if you search the forums you won't find a bad word against them, they have a v.good reputation which has grown rapidly with the school over the past few years ... The most probable reason for this is the Price and the Training ?

I trained at Stapleford last year ... the price was no "illusion" they are based on first time passes and minimum hours (Same as OAT, Bournemouth and all the others) !

and after passing CPL/IR first time in min hours i can vouch for that, and like many others was happy with the service.

As for the groundschool, you can do that anywhere as previously mentioned, however with London Met's new course structure and books i think they have the best pass rate's these days ? don't quote me on that though ... i did do mine distance learning.

I do agree they have some good Instructors ... And several with Airline experience (previous and current) which is an advantage.

Im happy in knowing that im sitting here with the same licence as the guy/girl next to me ... and having paid less than half for it, good quality training and first time passes.

At the end of the day all though I highly disagree in paying for Type Ratings and any any training in fact It apears to be the way its going, when people don't honour their bonds. If an airline said to you OK - we'll take you if you pay for your own type rating would you do it ?

depends .... but at least you would have the option of the extra money ???

Frozen ATPL (CPL/IR) ....

OAT = £60,000

Stapleford = £25,000 = £50,000 (with B737 rating and 100 hrs line training)

And P51 I agree with PF go to the Flight school's and have a look around and a chat with Instructors and students ... !

just my thoughts ...

good luck in your choice !