PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith on Crikey again...
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 01:31
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FishHead

You got that in one, but at least Crikey is democratic and offends everybody equally.

9/11F correctamundo but it seems to be PC at the moment to second guess the past as far as Iraq and 9/11 is concerned.

When I start along the road of maybe this and maybe that, I just go back to the video of the whole horrific live right in your own living room event. That to me is the reality.

I was actually PPRuNing when the first report popped up on the main Reporting Points, just minutes after the first impact as simply "an aircraft" with some speculation of the type and so on, mrs gaunty was walking past and I mentioned it to her to be told minutes later to come quick "it's live on CNN", it was prime time in Perth. Apart from monitoring here, we sat up all night watching the whole thing live including the second and subsequent impacts.
After the second impact I rang every one of my three children scattered around the world at the time, all of whom were in bed time zones to alert them to the fact, that we have a "war" on our hands and to turn on thier TVs and stand by.

I also watched the internet slow down to a crawl and stop 'traffic jammed' for long periods with people communicating and searching for news.

Propganda, you bet and IMHO it wasn't Dubya making the running.