PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A dream too far
Thread: A dream too far
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 15:47
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redmania,
Penworth is right, there are ways to earn more money, I too have been thinking about getting my ATPL for 4 years, I have just turned 30 and have finally decided to go for it and am currently doing my PPL and will go the Modular route. I'm guessing that you are still in your 20's so you have plenty of time. Why not look at maybe Engineering Sales where you can earn Commission etc... I'm in Sales and hate it but it's very flexible when it comes to having flying lessons during work time, something you cant do in an office job and if you apply yourself you can earn decent money. It is a shame you dont have a house as I'm selling ours ( I'm married with a 3 year old ) and taking some of the equity, but hey it's not impossible. You must have the aptitude for it to get to the last stage with BA!! Penworth also mentioned trades, plumbing etc... they are 3 year courses to get qualified so too long, however one trade you can learn quickly and earn decent money is plastering, there is a school in Salisbury Wiltshire [email protected] that do a 5 week course for £1,800, once you're qualified you can earn over £40k a year and probably work for yourself so you can fit your flying in. Ok it's not the most glamerous job in the world but hey it might just help you so that you can do what you love!
Good luck