PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moral Dilemma: What the Hell is going on in Ryanair?
Old 9th Aug 2004, 14:01
Coconuts

Exclamation

Yes, I've never had a bad experience with the product yet either, fingers crossed, but if I do I don't expect much support. No it's not my experiences travelling with them that is colouring my present opinions but reading about them & talking to people who've worked for them etc.

I spent half an hour talking to a brother of a senior pilot recently, yes the one in the 'cabin crew in loo incident', and while I'm fully aware that what the pilot did was technically incorrect, I couldn't help feel the whole way FR is run contributed to the incident. Here is an airline who can't even supply seats to its positioning crews & once fired a chief pilot for booting off a pax when he needed his crew to position to Stansted I think. Of course the fact that this pilot was causing waves in the company may have had something to do with it.

The conversation I had with the pilots brother was deeply disturbing & pointed more to the real villian of the piece being MOL because the way the company is run set itself up for an incident like this to happen.

The further insights I got into the running of the company were no near pleasant. MOL has everyone in the companys backs up, not a great safety ethos, a load of angry, p*ssed off staff ferrying us around in the skies. To think I rang them once re: working for them, what a lucky escape.

I wish Captain XXX well, he's a good man, probably too good & decent to work for the likes of MOL & was loved by the rest of the staff & pax alike, whatever he may or may not have done wrong; I can't say the same for MOL.

Coco