PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firefighters Strike.......Again
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 13:19
jindabyne

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RW31

Didn't say, or mean to imply, that your views are narrow. And thanks for satisfying my curiousity expressed in my last post. As I've previously mentioned, I have some sympathy with your present lot. But, and with full awareness of the present 'politics', I do not believe the firemen can claim any form of differentiation now, or previously, that warrants strike action. Indeed, I subscribe to the views expressed earlier on this thread that they, like other emergency organisations and the armed forces, should not have a strike option. That said, I do not condone any Govermental 'policy' that exploits that non-option.

So, whilst we might not agree on most points in this debate, I fully respect your views, and your right to air them freely. And I suspect you reciprocate.

stuk

That answer your point? Curiousity, dear chap - playful perhaps, but nothing sinister.

Didn't read Akula's bit - did he withdraw?

I think you'll find the 'rants', as you describe them, include other important issues in addition to sleep, public holidays and pay - the fundamental point over the right, or not, to strike action, and the consequences upon others of so doing, being one.

By the way, I was in the same position as your Sqn Ldr friend for a few years some time back. I was happy with the position then, but, hypocritically on my part, I now find it somewhat difficult to justify for those who haven't seen a cockpit in years, and never will. But that opens a different box, and the lid has been lifted on other threads.

I suspect you live round the corner!

Last edited by jindabyne; 9th Aug 2004 at 13:34.