PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 12:35
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all of you who have posted comments and advice re. the flare and landing. I'm booked for Thursday (thunderstorms permitting) so I'll give the techniques described a try.

I note several people have referred to FS2004, either as a learning aid, or simply as a flying fix substitute! As a 'sad anorak' I've used FS for some years now. It's not perfect, but it's great for running through the checklists that have to be rote learned. It's also quite good for learning radio navigation (what beacons do what and how the instruments work). The photoreaslistic scenary is not bad, but flying from Wycombe (the British Airports add-on is good for EGTB) I can say that there are an awful lot of extraneous buildings in the circuit area.

I would like to join others in inviting Majorcan to go and look at another forum if he doesn't like this one. Communicating with others is a great way of learning and we'll probably end up better pilots for it. If it repeats material from previous threads, well, what harm done?

Well done Mazzy. Crosswind landings, wow! keep it up