PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nas 2b - The Actions Of A Reasonable Man
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 11:38
Foyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pity Bob won't let it go.

Reading Gaunty's post it was more about DS than AOPA. But it does raise the interesting question about AOPA's apparent support of the Bondi Beach project - something about which I, as an AOPA member, was not aware. Uh, that would kind of demonstrate Gaunty's point wouldn't it...?

Re the safety case, there is need for public scrutiny, regardless of those who make it their business to report selectively. Had their been no security issue, regardless of the particular bandwagons certain parties are pushing, public release should be made.

In the circumstances I sincerely hope that (a) circulation of the report will be limited for security reasons, and (b) that there will be no attempt to release "selected highlights" of the report in an attempt to maintain security and at the same time give satisfaction to those who demand information in the name of "public interest". It leads to all sorts of fun with opinions touted as fact based on part rather than the whole of the picture.

Chris I wish you well in your endeavour. I sincerely hope, for the sake of GA, that some improvement in the present situation is obtained. However I greatly fear that although it is one thing to talk, it's another thing to LISTEN. And it's not the talking but the listening which is ultimately going to affect the outcome.

Edited for pore spelin.

Last edited by Foyl; 9th Aug 2004 at 12:04.