PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelsons Future
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 10:48
CT7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR
Air Nsn IS a low cost operation. All the flash stuff went with the various rounds of cost cutting and recently Express Class.

I think you'll find Air NZ is actually buying some (not all) of its new fleet.

Two years ago the Star Alliance blasted Air NZ for the Ansett fiasco, last year Air NZ was THE ONLY SA member to make money....

By Air NZ doing both, I'm not talking about the Freedom operation.
Koru has, under the one banner both full and low-cost. Qantas has Jetstar, BA Go etc.
Doggy old aircraft, pathetic IFE systems, badly-supervised handling agents in other countries.
Well you haven't been reading anything lately have you then. Still 8 (at least) A320's to come, and I won't mention the new IFE and other fit-out on the 747s as well as the 777's arriving in 12 months.
Overseas handlers, well LAX is a prime example of what you're talking about. Cant argue there.
Although I've had no problems with Aussie, Asian or UK Staff.

Oh, and some of us have been working O/Seas and not everything they do is better.
Also they aren't thousands of miles from major destinations or only have 4 mill people to draw from.
You just can't compare Europe / North America with little ole' NZ. It's apples & Kiwifruit (or if you remember - Chinese Gooseberries)

Just remember where this outfit was 3 years ago, and where it's going now. Two totally different directions.

Rome wasn't built in a day. (The Unions just wouldn't allow it!!)

Change is happening...

Oh, why did you come home...?