PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - canadian CPL/Hourbuilding FAST
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 01:11
Midnight Sun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi,

i started out in bc, finished my private in august, started to build time in bc but ended up at harvs after getting tired of the missed days due to weather,

Harvs is hands down the best place in Canada to get done fast. With harvs you can live on the airport, they are GOOD people, good service, the planes are in excellent shape and in my opinion the best fleet in canada. Harvs is also the only school i went to where i didnt feel i was being ripped off, another thing that will save you money is that the training area is very clost to harvs airport, in bc you are looking at .3-.4 of an hour to get to a training area.

I did my private and part of my cpl in vancouver and weather is a big factor out there, you can be delayed big time if you have to do your 300nm cross country and you get a spell of bad weather, where do you go? there are mountains in every direction! another thing about bc, rent is $$$ transport is $$$, living costs are $$$. you WILL need a car in vancouver, if you plan to do your cpl at boundry bay(the closest training airport to vancouver) as the bus schedual sux to zbb. BC means BRING CASH.

hope this helps, if you need more info pm or email me.

Last edited by Midnight Sun; 9th Aug 2004 at 04:54.