PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do weekend Pilots persist in making a million radio calls
Old 8th Aug 2004, 22:56
victor two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antics in the bungles

I don't entirely agree that the GA guys who hack about the bungles are entirely clear with their position reports and the level of chat of the area freq is not something to be proud of either. Due to their familiarity (and boredom) with flying the same route so often, I found that there is a fair bit of non standard slang type-position reporting. That may be fine for each other but you guys should remember that you don't own that airspace and others fly through it also. The other business that I thought was a bit dodgy is all the "formation" flying and closer than required overtaking that goes on in there.
Either your chief pilot doesn't know you guys do it or he condones it but it'll catch up with a couple of you formation flyers one day. If you want to be fighter pilots, join the airforce. If you think the passengers enjoy it then you are wrong. it just makes them nervous and distracts from the scenic that they paid top dollar to enjoy.