Thread: log book
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2004, 17:54
Man Flex 32.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tarjet

i have attached a section from the UK ANO dated april 2003

Personal flying log book
28 (1) Every member of the flight crew of an aircraft registered in the United Kingdom and
every person who engages in flying for the purpose of qualifying for the grant or
renewal of a licence under this Order shall keep a personal flying log book in which
the following particulars shall be recorded:
(a) the name and address of the holder of the log book;
(b) particulars of the holder’s licence (if any) to act as a member of the flight crew of
an aircraft; and
(c) the name and address of his employer (if any).
(2) Particulars of each flight during which the holder of the log book acted either as a
member of the flight crew of an aircraft or for the purpose of qualifying for the grant
or renewal of a licence under this Order, as the case may be, shall be recorded in the
log book at the end of each flight or as soon thereafter as is reasonably practicable,
including:

(a) the date, the places at which the holder embarked on and disembarked from the
aircraft and the time spent during the course of a flight when he was acting in
either capacity;
(b) the type and registration marks of the aircraft;
(c) the capacity in which the holder acted in flight;
(d) particulars of any special conditions under which the flight was conducted,
including night flying and instrument flying; and
(e) particulars of any test or examination undertaken whilst in flight.
(3) For the purposes of this article, a helicopter shall be deemed to be in flight from the
moment the helicopter first moves under its own power for the purpose of taking off
until the rotors are next stopped.
(4) Particulars of any test or examination undertaken whilst in a flight simulator shall be
recorded in the log book, including:
(a) the date of the test or examination;
(b) the type of simulator;
(c) the capacity in which the holder acted; and
(d) the nature of the test or examination.

The above requirements are very basic and also incorporated, i have spoken to the CAA they require the above plus a signature at the bottom i dont really know why. I will speak to them again tomorrow just to confirm.

Regarding notes etc, at the moment there is a box available for notes etc much like the conventional paper logbooks, however for aesthetics this space is limited. It is possible to incororate a facility to have additional notes linked with each leg.
Currently you are able to search and print off any kind of criteria as mentioned above which displays the full data for each leg ie date, type, reg, from, to etc much like a paper logbook (but neater).

The flightduty section is fully customisable, there are 4 fields for this which can be set to any amount of days, i have 7,14,28 and 365 days and i set the limits accordingly. If you get close to these limits again you select when you wish to be notified, the data is highlighted in red which certainly catches your eye.

I will look into attaching other docs for each leg

Rgds MF