PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Taxi Driver' Delays Flight
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2004, 10:13
Murray_NN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Have I said something that is a little bit close to your true feelings?

The truth hurts, thats why my original post was taken off.

''a security vetted pilot?'' (Jetleg)

Vetted by whom? DfT? or you are just a self assured vetted ?

There are always irresponsible people around. Just like the captain our section stopped flying because he was 3 or 4 times over the alcohol limit to fly. This person didnt give a monkeys about other people's lives, he was just a selfish who had to be stopped.

In last month alone, 5 captains were stopped with lock knives in their pilot's bags.

I know they all think of themselves to be above all, but carrying lock knives are illegal in this country.

Oh ya, and we have not devised a procedure yet to check one's mental state to see what they would do with a lock knife in their bags. No matter how good looking you think you are or how clever a pilot is, it does not constitute us to place that trust on you...yet.

Now, I still dont agree with some stuff we as security do, like taking metal forks and knives off. This really pi**es me off when I have to do this. This is one rule that our DfT has put on us from the yanks.

But the rest, like preventing bombs, guns, knives, lasers, knuckle dusters, box cutters, cosh, pepper spray etc etc that we confiscate is correct, and for that we would appreciate a little understanding from you the pilots and crew. At the end of the day if you give us grief it would be you who will have a bad day and us who will have an interesting day at work.