PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP !! Advice please on the best route to a ATPL for my circumstances.
Old 8th Aug 2004, 09:16
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking HELP !! Advice please on the best route to a ATPL for my circumstances.

I have recently started my PPL after having spent the last 3 - 4 years thinking about leaving my current career which I loath Medical sales!! and taking the plunge with an Integrated course to get a frozen ATPL. I have started the PPL to just get some flying experience and to help me make my mind up whether to go for it, I'm 30 so feel that I need to make a decision soon. Having now done some flying I'm getting the bug and want to go for it in early 2005, but I need to sell our house ( I dont have rich parents !! ) and take a painful amount of money out of it. I have looked into the Integrated course at Cabair ( anyone got any comments ?) however my PPL instructor has advised that Modular may be a better route for my circumstances ie: 30, married and a 3 year old. I currently live in Suffolk and was planning on selling up and relocating to St.Neots Cambridgeshire to be near Cabair. I know the Modular route is cheaper ( very appealing ) but i would be very interested in anyone else's experience / thoughts as to which way is best and if Modular is best any reccomendations on Ground schools / CPL / IR etc..... For example can you really work when doing a distance learning course for the ground exams ? Bristol Ground school has been recommended ( anyone got any comments ) I would really appreciate anyones advice who has done what I'm thinking of doing.
Many thanks

Dan.