PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S.africa or Canada???
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2004, 04:18
jr51xx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Training

Hi Tiffany,

Everyone seems to have an opinion about where the best training may be found, but quite often it seems that they feel the best training is in their home country (loyalty is good!).

I will not tell you that the US or any place else is best for flight training. There are a wide variety of facilities and operators here in the US, but remember that the US has a huge economy and a large number of pilots, aircraft and simulators are here. There are many places to choose from for your training (many with a very reasonable cost of living) and the program that you were told about, the J1 visa, is for real.

I have known several pilots that have trained here in the US and then turned around and stayed as a flight instructor for a period to gain experience. Many training operators advertise this visa and sponser people for this program.

Selecting a flight training facility is a big decision. With your passport would you have any other countries that you would have easy access to for resident/right to work status? That in itself might help you with your decision.

If you are interested in any US operators and have any questions, give me an email. I will try to help you find some answers if I am able.

Best of luck on your career!

John