PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 19:32
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g33,

Good question! I recommend that they know what they are buying. The TCDS for each will tell the story, and no Sikorsky person will offer to repaint the S-76 in 2004 paint and call it a brand new design.

As proof, please look to my old posts on this subject in previous threads, and you will see that I have pointed out that I believe AB-139 might be the next example of a true "new"design. This should make it very attractive.

I do not believe the EC 225 to be unsuitable at all, it is a good helicopter, as is the S-61. The record of these machines, and the S-76, make them excellent candidates for you or anyone else. Look to the total package, of course!

Just beware when a press release says "in compliance with the latest version of the JAR 29 standard from the new European Airworthiness Security Agency (EASA)." That statement started this thread, and I think it has been found to be an awful overstatement. I personally think it was promulgated to decieve, or at least hide the true state of the grandfathering. It tries to tell you and me that there is no grandfathering on the aircraft.

This does not make the EC 225 unfit, in my humble opinion, but it does make their press people (and their marketing guys too) out to be folks to watch carefully. Very carefully.