PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar - The new media Whipping- Boy!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 11:32
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

How would you like to spend 60 mins in the centre seat with someone around the size of Kim Beazley on one side, and on the other he likes of Wally Lewis, Binos?

Flying on QF last year, I saw a husband and wife, each one of those approximate porportions, enter the EY class cabin, and thought to myself "This will be interesting".
They squeezed into their seats (she by the window, and he in the centre), but had to sit at about a 30 degree sideways angle (yes, extension seat belts were used) to fit.
Then another pax, who was seated in the same row arrived.
Although a bit of shuffling went on with the male partner of the original two, it was obvious that there was just NO way his body would not encroach well over and onto the pax seated on the aisle seat.
Fortunately the flight wasn't full, and the pax in the aisle seat was moved to another row.

It's strange, isn't it, that as the human race increases in size - and I see that it is now acknowledged that Australians are entering the "obese" category at a higher rate than ever before - aircraft seats and pitch are being reduced!!

Chances are, on a full flight, the last available seat(s) will be the middle ones

Cheers, Binos.