PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Taxi Driver' Delays Flight
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 08:49
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Which goes to prove that ALL media, including the Israeli ones are little more than sensationalist 'faeces stirrers' with a penchant for hyperbole and the integrity of a cess pit. The fact that El Al crews do not 'get taxis' to the airport downroute should be alarm enough that this story is little more than a fabrication worthy of the BNP. The fact that we have it on PPRune from the actual controller that "The El al was simply refused because it is a QC 8 and we could not extend the cut off point for this aircraft." during a night of massive disruption at LHR due to wx should be enough for anyone to see what a bunch of lying, worthless excuses for 'living tissue' the media luvvies really are!

No doubt we are going to see this one spread over the usual 'news' services throughout the day.

Added to point out to the poster below that if he or she wasn't of such limited intellect, he or she would have read the whole thread and realised that the article is a fabrication if only for the fact that the crew don't just 'get a taxi' to the airport but are provided secure transportation. Ergo, the story is stirring fantasy. Once one agency reports it then the rest of the lazy media just jump on the bandwaggon. At least we here on Pprune have the facts in another thread why the flight was actually cancelled. Just so as to help GFO69, it was the weather and the subsequent delays due to congestion that were the reason for the El Al flight being cancelled. Duh!

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, if you think that "the crew stay in a local hotel on the airport perimiter and the station manager can just pop over in his car and pick up a B747 crew which includes around 15-17 cabin crew too" then you really have little idea of airline ops.