PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206: JetRanger and LongRanger
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 08:45
Grainger
PPRuNe Enigma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a really useful session yesterday - worked on some of the things that I wanted to improve on from last time - particularly with getting a feel for power settings, improving the scan and so on. We did some limited power work - cushion creep takeoffs, normal and precision approaches, confined area, and some sloping ground work.

Thanks for all the advice so far - tried a few things out and gave me plenty to think about, especially getting the approach stabilised early and so having plenty of time to sort everything out. We tried a couple of different ways and got some good approaches without having to pull in bags of power at the bottom. Much better.

Stirring the cyclic didn't seem to be too much of a problem anyway, so didn't try any friction on there. Maybe each machine is a bit different, but it didn't seem to be necessary.

Worked hard but really enjoyed it and beginning to feel quite comfortable with the machine. I can see how you could easily fall in love with a Robinson but end up happily married to a JetRanger.