PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firefighters Strike.......Again
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 08:35
Runway 31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that we should not be going on strike. I would however ask who is calling who,s bluff. Bluffing is a rather dangerous game and if not handled properly someone will suffer, the public. The FBU agreed to the employers wording which is now the sticking point. The employers did not like their own words and voted them down when the negotiations were finished. They then asked for an adjournment and walked out stating that they would only resume talks if it was a yes vote for strike action. It would appear that the government and the employers do not intend to settle and are intent on keeping this dispute going. You make up your own mind why.

The government see everyone as expendable as long as they get what thay want. No sacrifice is too great for them as long as they stay in power. It is not them however that are expected to make the sacrifices it is people like me and you that are thrust into whatever front line it is this time to make these sacrifices to satisfy some idealogical battle.

The government will not suffer as the spin doctors will ensure that teflon tony will not have any muck sticking to him. They will see that the blame for this sorry mess will lie with everyone else.