PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is a King Size Choc Bar not one?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 07:31
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
During a recent opinion survey, I was asked whether I would accept "No food or drink on flights of less than 3 hours". I replied "Absolutely NOT! At places like this (FDH), the check-in gate doesn't open until t/o minus 1 hour. That doesn't leave time to eat in the airport restaurant as we have to be at the gate at t/o minus 30 min. Then after trudging around at FRA there isn't time for a decent meal before the onward flight check-in. So what you might think of as a 0:50 flight from FDH to FRA followed by a 1:20 flight from FRA to BHX would end up as over 8 hours without a meal! Arrive at FDH at 1720, get to BHX at 2320 (CET)/ 2220 BST. Drive home, arriving at 0030 BST. Yes, I darn well do expect to get a reasonable meal on the a/c - and not the inadequate snack which is all LH think they can get away with giving their Business Class customers these days!"

Even Ryanair allows you to pay for a snack and a drink on a short flight - LH Economy might be free, but it's utter rubbish nowadays! But as for a mainline airline like Iberia not providing free in-flight catering included in the ticket price - well, that's them off my list!

Although IB's Business Class catering looks substantially better than the poor LH effort, 'Tourist' class Tu Menu looks pretty expensive. Club sandwich and a beer, please? That'll be €10... Gin and tonic and a packet of nuts? €8.50..

And yes "Barra de Chocolate Grande / Chocolate King Size Bar - 74 gr" is indeed listed at €1.50! If they fobbed you off with something less, then you have every right to complain!

Last edited by BEagle; 7th Aug 2004 at 07:55.