PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is a King Size Choc Bar not one?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2004, 14:39
IB4138

Pilot of the Airwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is a King Size Choc Bar not one?

On a recent Iberia flight to LHR, my wife ordered a "Barra de Chocolate Grande/ Chocolate King Size Bar.....74gr " from Tu Menu, on which is shown a picture is shown of a king size Mars. bar. The price for this item is an extortionate 1.50 euro.

However the FA proceeded to take the money and pass a bog standard, 4 bar, 45gr Kit-Kat to my wife. Needless to say my wife kicked up about this to the FA and wanted what she had paid for, or at least chocolate to the weight advertised. After arguing with two other FAs for some ten minutes, the pursers authorised the return of my wife's money and allowed her to keep the Kit-Kat as a "good will" gesture.

The original FA decided to have the last word adding that she was not to blaim, but the Company.

I should add that this flight was already delayed in departure by an hour from Malaga and went to Madrid for an aircraft change, which passengers were advised would take 20 minutes, but infact took 1.5 hours. The pilot, quite rightly had decided that because of malfunctioning systems and weather conditions at Heathrow, that he was not prepared to take the aircraft there.

There were a lot of disgruntled passengers on board, as only a small glass of complementary water was offered to redress this delay. Also passengers with BA etickets were not made aware that all food and drink on Iberia is now chargeable. Many passengers expected more in the way of a food and drink concession, given the delay.

Poor show by Iberia, BA and Oneworld, as passengers especially in Madrid, were not kept informed on the delay or new departure time, merely dumped in the terminal at a departure gate and told to wait. Result : 5.5 hours from AGP to LHR.

Some passengers with connecting flights at LHR were concerned and rightly so, as it turned out. Despite Iberia staff in Madrid and on the aircraft assuring them they would make connections, several arrived too late at LHR for their onward flights.

To finish the day off well, the MAD to LHR section of the flight was given a new flight number. Enter BAA at baggage reclaim, who put up the new flight number that very few passengers were aware of and an arrival from Madrid and not Malaga.

Last edited by IB4138; 6th Aug 2004 at 14:53.