PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2004, 11:08
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
NL

There is no question about the windows being approved - of course they are. However just meeting the minimum legal requirements is not always good enough for your customers. I can only assume that EC are not only pleased, but absolutely delighted with your windows because they will be able to make sales against you on just that issue.

I've no idea whether any 225s are late - you'd have to ask someone at EC although why bother as you seem to know already.

Nick, this all started with some pretty wild statements from you when 225 certification was announced. Some of the things you said were:

Yep, that's the competition. Read carefully, however! Only the IFR certificate meets the JAR, meaning the autopilot and displays. The rest of the aircraft was not qualified to meet the latest regs regarding its structure, but rather it meets the older DGAC requirements.
That being said, I do not know of any data to show that the EC 225 meets this turbine burst requirement.
I still have heard nothing from you on the certification basis of the 225, so I can surely assume it is grandfathered a great deal.
Do you still stand by all of this or do you think you were a little hasty and possibly misled your awestruck audience? Being the highly respected hero of rotorheads, do you think you have any responsibility to ensure that your posts are unbiased and accurate or does commercial interest always override?