PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment woes at BA.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2004, 09:00
gatwickflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lottery

As an ex-BA driver ( surplus at 55 ) I now fly with lots of young motivated copilots who are (nearly all ) keen to join BA or Virgin.
I am constantly amazed how many excellent candidates are issued with a 'thanks but no thanks' by BA before even being offered an i/view , and now read how few are getting through at all and that BA are 'worried'.
But then again , I am not that surprised really , because I know that the initial applications get nowhere near a 'real pilot ' until they have been summarily treated to a lottery by an agency who are hired by BA to sort the applications. Picture it now , as your carefully worded CV rises to the top of the pile at 4.55 pm on a hot Friday afternoon.........oops , it went in the recycle bin ......never mind , its only someones life and dreams gone up in smoke.
Believe me , this happens a lot , to some excellent candidates , even A320 and B737 rated copilots.
Take my advice and try again , maybe this time it will rise to the top at 0905 on a Tuesday !!!!
Good luck - you will never regret joining BA or Virgin.