PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2004, 07:15
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Nick

The 1000lbs is not on any new EASA TCDS because I got a copy straight from the horse's mouth 2 days ago. Assuming you do manage to push the loading to the limits of the CofG and get EASA to agree, will it be like the S76 where crews have to be issued with a programmable calculator to work out the CofG for each trip so that they don't exceed limits, or like the L & L2 where you just load up and go flying safe in the knowledge that Cof G is well within limits. I guess you were caught out with empty CofG after having to add that barn door horizontal stabiliser to try to fix the pitch stability problems that have plagued development.

"Perhaps we could borrow that loaner 332L2 from you once Bond
is finished with it"

I guess that's your way of admitting that there are production line delays at SK. You are determinded that I work for EC even though I have told you that I don't and its pretty obvious I'm a N Sea pilot. Sometimes people will just not be told!

You said of me "he thinks if an accident is caused by "pilot error", the occupants need not be protected". Of course they need to be protected but all the protection in the world is no use if they drown alive. Never mind, you can fix the problem by an addition to the limitation section of the flight manual that says "carriage of fat passengers, or passengers wearing bulky survival clothing, is prohibited"

Ridiculing the concept of large windows will not win you any favours with your customers (the oil companies) so I just hope for your sake they are not reading.

At least you are maintaining your integrity by not trying to deny that the 92's windows are significantly smaller than those fitted to current N Sea heavies - well done!

Last edited by HeliComparator; 6th Aug 2004 at 07:30.