PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey Uni Ardmore campus closure?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2004, 05:16
chicken6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kwikenz

At least two of the "new generation" flying/theory/loan hybrids have a selection process involving face to face interviews with every serious candidate before selection. Massey told me I would have to have one but I never did, just the Wombat and a million-question personality scale that they let me take home! AND it had the "Which parent do you prefer" question several times!

I think the biggest problems flying schools have now that the market is so stretched is how to attract students at all, and as Six Lima said, it appears from the pre-loan-repayments end that the training is effectively free if the place has student loan access. On the other hand, if all loan access was cut off from the end of this year (as if! ) then what would an organisation need to survive? Same as it used to 10 years ago! A big, wealthy population who don't live near the airport.

Long term, I think the issue is going to be who puts out credible students, when so many organisations do not have genuine links with airlines. I'm thinking ComAir, Delta, BA style cadetships etc. Perhaps the local airlines could think about such a scheme? It would guarantee they got trained the way they want, and the selection process could have a hell of a lot of knowledge behind it.

What the hell has this got to do with Massey closing Ardmore, in the largest, wealthiest city with the worst transport problems? Stuffed if I know.

Hey Luke, how's the castle?