PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A horror story
Thread: A horror story
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2004, 23:17
Legalapproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tracking th A1 and adhering to the rules of the air ie with the road to their left will infringe the Sibson drop zone. I have seen the video and the Chipmunk pilot was, imho, clearly in the wrong place. If he knew where he was, why did he not give Sibson a call and, having seen the parachutes, why was it that he quickly bu****ed off to the North without even then talking to anyone?

DZ's are clearly marked and should always be assumed to be open unless the contrary has been established. Further, local air traffic services will always provide the necessary information whether it is asked for or not. I flew in to Sibson on Tuesday with the intention of jumping and en route was informed by Marham that parachuting was taking place. The previous week I flew from East Anglia to Truro and was advised en route that various DZ's ( ie Netheravon, Dunkeswell were active), earlier in the week en route Filton I was give similar advice about Weston on the Green. Even without this, as a sky diver and pilot I would asume that any DZ was active unless told the opposite.

I understand that the CAA are interested in this incident and so, if he has nothing to hide, the pilot in question should come forward and give his explanation.

BEagle
Meat Bomber? Gravity Tempter? In my cae I think Lard Leaper might be a more accurate description as in my jump suit I closely resemble the fifth, and missing, Teli Tubbie - mind you I did the same in my HM issue nomex green romper suit
despite predating the TT's by several years!!