PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA drug and alcohol tests begin
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2004, 20:38
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<Certainly, I have witnessed BA flight crews behaving quite badly in many a place from JFK to HKG and have even felt quite embarrassed to be British at the time.>>

<<Until the next lot gets caught and then you will have egg on your face.

Turning up as pissed as a fart two hours before take-off is not what I, or the general public, would describe as an "incident".>>

Does it fit your definition of CRM to refer to Flight Deck crew as 'lot'? I'm afraid I'm quite astonished at your remarks- you seem to derive great pleasure at the several incidents you refer to where people lost their jobs. No need to feel shame- you are not responsible. If hard working crews want to relax a bit and skylark- that is their business and you don't need to put on a beret and stripey tea-shirt and pretend you're French!

A loadmaster is a flying loader and certainly has no business on the Flight Deck, certainly as they seem to be so dead keen to snitch.

Let's leave out the personal abuse OK? This is not a 'game'. It is a serious job, and a very, very hard working one at that. Some people haven't been able to separate work from rest adequately (not surprisingly- the root of the problem lies in extreme fatigue and disrupted lifestyles). They have paid with their jobs sadly. I don't know (or care) what sort of flying existence you describe (from circa 1949?). It has as much relevance to today's aviation as hand held ADF sets! Let's put this utter boredom down now- most seem to agree BA 's measures are reasonable, so I will now leave you to pontificate on your bizarre ideas of aviation and crewing (circa 1949) on your own.