PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2004, 12:53
Hornetboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this thread just keeps getting revived!

I'll briefly share what I can remember about my acceptance from last year. It took around 3 weeks after successful Stage 1 testing before I received those letters asking about my FSP and service preferences. Then it was another 2/3 weeks before I got a call up from a lady at Tamworth asking when I could come up. (I was quite vague in filling out my FSP course preference form and was just short of writing "ASAP" on it...come to think of it, I might have written that somewhere on the form.) The next available course for me was set for about a month later. But, as you know, there was an unfortunate interruption in that time.....

But total time was going to be about 2.5 months from end of Stage 1 to beginning of FSP...and that's about as efficient as I've ever seen them, seeing as I was just told today that the ADFRC only "received" my appeal on the 31st July......when in fact I had sent it out mid-June. B*gger, Australia Post must have dropped their standards.

Great to see so many hopefuls, and if I may take a bite out of the pie, Havick and Coran, and Wizard and FTI, if and when you guys get there, please do give us some details. PM if you feel that is more appropriate. It would be fantastic to set up some sort of mini network. It's all about teamwork, right?