PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good aircraft books- what are you reading?
Old 5th Aug 2004, 10:06
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Patrick Collins - The Crew

Information

ISBN No.:
184426291X

Pages:

Price (£):

Format:
5 x 8 in or 203 x 127 mm Perfect Bound

What next?

I would like to:
View other books by this author
Order this book from Upfront
View this book at Amazon
Begin a new search

Synopsis:

An ageing reporter, consigned to a South American backwater covering an election in which nobody is interested, spends his last nights in a bar. Striking up a conversation with a mysterious stranger, he is told a story of death and destruction and of wealth beyond his dreams, a story of eight long weeks in the lives of three men. The ensuing tale involves the corrupt management of a bankrupt airline on the verge of collapse, and soon it is the three unwitting crew of one of their freighters that become pawns in a game of greed and murder. As the pressure builds they realise that the only way that they will survive is to take measures into their own hands. The Crew offers an exciting roller coaster journey through the world of international espionage and corruption at the highest level. The author, an airline pilot with 22,000 hours, has written a story leaning heavily on a lifetime in the air. The cynicism for management and the establishment, evident in these pages, is common amongst those who fly the line. A book for pilots and for those who, if they could have their time again, would join them.

Plot sounds chilingly familiar, your normal day in the prosecution of aviation for a living

They "print on demand" one book, or thousands. check out the site, I'm ordering a copy today. thanks for the tip.

Now if I can only find a copy of the "Skunk Works" at my local book exchange