PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do weekend Pilots persist in making a million radio calls
Old 5th Aug 2004, 03:40
locusthunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always find it interesting that training always gets the blame for issues like this...

Quote (currawong):
"Why do weekend pilots make a million radio calls?
"Perhaps weekend instructors are teaching them to."

Quote (DirtyPierre):
"Might these weekend pilots be chattering so much because;
"- they don't know any better,"
"- their licence training didn't cover this sort of airmanship."

Quote (Feather #3):
"Firstly, the reason for so many calls is usually a lack of training."

What a load of %$#@!
This is like saying the reason YOU are dumb is because YOU had bad teachers when you were at school...give us a break...

Training does cover radio calls (how many, what type, what is mandatory etc.) - it has to. A good majority of flying instructors engender excellent radio habits in thier students.

Some people, after they get their commercial licence or private licence, like to think that they are God's gift to the air and like to be seen as sharp, witty, clever people who have something important to say.

As Victor Two said- it's not just your weekend warrior PPLs who have this problem...

Victor Two:
"Student pilots tend to be nervous and be a bit excessive on the radio sometimes but without doubt, the worst example of utter blabber on a radio that I have ever heard was in the Bungles in WA where so called professional pilots just crap on with each other at will. "

My 2 cents...