PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2004, 00:07
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HeliComparitor,
No slogging here just facts, which must be applied when you toss out unschooled and biased opinions. If it seems like slogging, I apologize, but as Lenin said, "Facts are inconvenient things." I still have heard nothing from you on the certification basis of the 225, so I can surely assume it is grandfathered a great deal.

HughMartin,
The baggage of the S-92 is held in the aft compartment, accessed by the ramp, and it has about 140 cubic feet ( that is 4 cubic meters - an EC 225 could do a U-turn in there) and it holds 1,000 lbs under normal conditions. There is a shelf above the ramp that is good for 300 pounds, but the total for the compartment is 1,000 lbs. The ramp itself is good for 2,000 lbs, but the unrestrained baggage system uses the rear cabin bulkhead to hold the 1,000 lb cargo so that tiedowns are not needed, and load/unload cycles are literally "toss the bags in". The entire baggage load on the ramp is lowered to level with a hydraulic cylinder, and raised the same way, the ramp is about 1.8 meters by 2 meters in dimension. This 1,000 lb load allows normal CG for most cabin loads, although it might be that a bunch of Dallas Cowboys in the last few rows only, and a full baggage could be at the aft CG limit.

HughMartin, I hope this is enough to suit. What is the 332L2 have for baggage space and weight?

Last edited by NickLappos; 5th Aug 2004 at 01:28.