PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 21:02
HeliComparator

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
HughMartin

You are right - its a slagging match but not from my choice - I am only (over?) reacting to Nick's one-sidedness in the interests of balancing the thread. As I have said many times, both are good aircraft though neither perfect. Do you think I should shut up and let him have a free hand with his sales pitch?

The L2 overreads on airspeed because of the location of the static ports (on the pitot head) causes that error which, although reported in the flight manual, nevertheless has the potential to get pilots into trouble (been there done that!)

The 225 has reverted to the 332L location for the ports, presumably making the error the other way as it was in the 332 - a much safer situation.

Having (probably rightly) been given grief for battling on so long, I am not going to be the one to raise the issues of Group A performance and definitely not the one to mention the OEI OGE hover performance of the 92. However I think you will find that neither aircraft have finalised Group A/ Cat A performance supplements yet and until they do, both are a little restrictive - for example from memory I think the current S92 clear airfield takeoff distance is fixed at 3800' (1150 metres). That will I'm sure change in the fullness of time following more flight testing.