PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 14:52
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HeliComparitor,

Your opinions on crash behavior are really interesting, I wonder if we should ignore the ground impact on all crash discussions? In your novel approach to crashing, the ground is an innocent bystander, and the rotor blades are the real culpret! Wow, and all this time we thought otherwise. Look how wrong we were to think it a bad idea to have your passengers bolted to the fuel cells under the floor, between the seats and the ground during a crash!! We had better just rewrite the book, based on the salesman school you went to and its groundbreaking work (pardon the pun, I had to, didn't I?) In layman's terms, the ground is what gets you in a crash, HeliComparitor. It is not the drop, it is the sudden stop! Those pesky cells in the belly of the helo hit the ground while trapped in a maze of fuel lines, pumps and structure which is being chewed up by the impact. Spin some words, make a story, but that is WHY the cells are placed otherwise on modern helicopters.

And I love the tossing off of a ""few hundred Kilograms" of payload in your "analysis" nice, very nice. Those are the missing passengers. The studies I have seen from customers say the aircraft have the same speeds and fuel flows, so the 225's payload is always less.

Last edited by NickLappos; 4th Aug 2004 at 15:53.