PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging BE20 Co-Pilot Time
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 13:36
4HolerPoler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great thread! Now the fat is in the fire - always a great point of debate & IMHO August has hit the nail on the head; with PICUS you can log P1 under certain circumstances but without it there's no way I can see that you can log P1 time unless you're a rated P1 with a command endorsement from your company.

The matter of two P1's is another point of issue - often crops up in the airlines. On a long-haul flight where there's two crews (2 Captains & 2 F/O's) how do you log the time? Some regulatory authorities only allow you to log the time in the cockpit but in my experience they're often the authorities in bed with the airline & applying this policy in an effort to have greater utilization from the crews. There are other cases where if you're a rated commander, as crew on board, you log P1 regardless. Which leads to another issue - how do you log P1 time if you're in LaLa land in the bunk? There have been cases where (once again in an effort to maximise crew availabilty) the airlines ruled that you couldn't log P1 time in the bunk. Then they had a problem that there wasn't a rated P1 on the flightdeck. So they started dishing out P1 (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) ratings to the F/O's.

I know the above is not about the BE20 issue but they're all inter-related.

Always a great debate. Carry on.

4HP