PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair Interviews
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 13:27
togabutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two sides to every story

I spent a most enjoyable year at Comair flying the B737-200 from July2001 to June 2002 before moving abroad to take advantage of an opportunity that came my way. I can honestly say it was the best flying job I had from a satisfaction point of view and the guys and gals I flew with were superb. I would most likely still be working there had I not been motivated to leave by a once in a lifetime opportunity. I actually enjoyed going to work!

I could go on and on, but one memory I recall strongly was the very professional manner in which my interview process was handled - mutual respect. I left the interview with the notion that even were I unsuccessful, I would still regard the company very highly. This was in stark contrast to my experience with the 'BIG WIGS' at the national carrier who insulted and belittled me to the extent that I even contemplated a change of career. Suffice it to say that I never applied to the national carrier again.

No company is perfect and that includes my present overseas employer too, but I think Comair's strength was its flight crew (cockpit and cabin). Best wishes to all who pursue a career there.