PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News from Trumpton
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 12:53
Civil Servant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Errrrr.... I may have missed the point here, stuk, but if he's a working freman and moonlighting as a window cleaner then surely there would be no cause to shop him to the DSS. Unless of course he has two jobs and is claiming as well!!

I did the first fremans strike back in 76 or 77 (memory fades a bit) and remember feeling very bitter at doing a firemans job for considerably less pay than they were already getting. I also well remember the strong arm tactics they employed to try and stop local firms, who had some sort of fire cover of their own, helping us. They threatened to black them after the strike. To cap it all, when the strike was over, they even suggested that we have a joint party to show there were no hard feelings!!!!! I fear they would have "felt" hard pickaxe handles.

I missed my baby son's first steps, first Christmas and New Year with my wife and young family because, as now, the greedy fireman wanted more money for less work and more perks.

Nothing has changed, sack the lot of them, and get some of the people into the job who would welcome the work for the pay offered.

If this seems less than sympathetic, well perhaps my nom de plume will give a clue to that because in another move in the political chess game I may well be out of a job very soon in B.Liars continuing battle to out Tory the Tories.