PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 emergency Torres Strait
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 10:40
RobboRider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RM G'day

Quote Rotary man

"Are you serious! the operator of this business is a load mouth LOL jeeezz the last few times he's been to the Heli Expo he was threatened with been thrown out of his Hotel!! When turns up to your party! every one else leaves LOL He loves telling war stories and lives by the Motto of " Never Let the Truth Get in the way of a Good Story "

I agree entirely, he is loud, he is raucous and he tells plenty of yarns and war stories where he is not slow at painting himself as larger than life. He'd agree with you on that!

But none of that's a crime. Jees...Steve Irwin has made a fortune of doing that. (well I don't know about being thrown out of a hotel

Point of my posting was that things that were reasonable and sensible eg talks on wirestrike by a person whose had one and ownership of company whose pilots had some mechanical probs were being wordsmithed to make them sound like heinous crimes. If there's badness afoot it has to stand on its own not be embillished by twisting the scene around.

Low Flying and shooting from helicopters - well lots of people do that all the time with the CASA's blessing, if it was legit at the time - fine. If not - then I agree with you. But I can't comment cos I don't know. He does some contract work that involves shooting so you can hardly call him a cowboy if thats what the contract entailed.

Low Flying
And some of the communities around here are a bit funny when it comes to helicopters. Complain they don't want the noise then complain when they don't get it. I spent a number of years hearing about the complaints when we flew past in the B412 low but they were quick to sing our praises when we medivac'ed out someone who was sick. So I don't always put a lot of store in community complaints - cynical old bugger I know

Quote again

"The name of his Company says it all...!!!!!

Sorry I can't see through this one

The name is made up of the geographical location with the word "helicopters" appended. Nothing funny or cowboyish, unless there has been a name change lately?

As I said, I don't have an ax to grind, but i reckon its got to be kept pertinent to the topic.

cheers

RR