PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 emergency Torres Strait
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 09:20
rotaryman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Debate!

OGSPLASH,

Thanks for the response!
Hey Rotaryman I checked with the operator and was assured that the blade change was done in the field and not at Mareeba as you state...the operator even provided the name of the engineer who did the job. And yes, it was 7 years ago. So I guess, there may have been a misunderstanding there somehow.
Were you expecting him to come Clean with you? LMFAO Get Real Man! of course he's telling you that. I also know the Engineer, big Deal, After he had shut down the aircraft after landing in long grass and then watching the Tree Branch hit the blades etc etc, the Clients who were on board asked " quote, what are we going to do now? Pilot says umm well you can walk back to mareeba if you like, But i'm flying back!!! Pax then says! if its good enough for you to fly in thats good enough for me!!..needless to say Helicopter was flown back to mareeba and telephone calls made to exhange blades etc.

As for National Parks I agree with you! they should be open for all to enjoy, Its unfortunate that due to the type of behaviour from a minor few operators that its becomes more and more difficult when you say Oh Helicopter!! I to have come unglued with the BS you have to go through just to land in a park and i used to fly for national Parks..Jeeezz..

What i'm talking about here is that the Operator is a cowBoy! he has no respect for the Law and chooses to do what he likes when he likes! when he's prosecuted its everyones elses fault,,,He was known as a cowboy when he was in the game fishing industry and nothings changed since he got into the Aviation industy..

The name of his Company says it all...!!!!!

Yea Parks and a few local Communties are a little tired of a Certain low flying R44 Helicopter with some dude firing a rifle at anything that looks like moving!!!

ROBBORIDER.

G-Day your point is also taken and i do understand that it was a different pilot with regard to the recent engine failure and i stand corrected with regard to river name etc.,,BUT!

Are you serious! the operator of this business is a load mouth LOL jeeezz the last few times he's been to the Heli Expo he was threatened with been thrown out of his Hotel!! When turns up to your party! every one else leaves LOL He loves telling war stories and lives by the Motto of " Never Let the Truth Get in the way of a Good Story "

I'm sorry if you see it as a personal attack! But the sooner the Aviation Industry shuts down these CowBoys the better we all will be..