PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do weekend Pilots persist in making a million radio calls
Old 4th Aug 2004, 03:21
JSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This post all came about because i was flying, a scenic, and there was a group of ACFT travelling in convoy, and im sure they must have had the PTT button sticky taped down, now when i am flying in a group, ( say spaced a mile or two apart) ultimatly we are going to end up in a circuit together, i always make a point of contacting the other ACFT (s) on company FREQ and sorting our seperation outfor the CCT, then when we all get there its easy, people flying in groups/ convoy can do this on 123.45 without any worries, this then leaves Ctaf, Multicom, Mbz whatever, free for those other people trying to carry out whatever operation it is that they are trying to do. There is nothing worse then trying to make a back tracking call, knowing full well that there will be knowone in the CCT for another 5 min and not being able to get a word in. Yes i know sometimes thats just the way it is, but surely its better avoided if possible.

P.S. at the end of the day i want to get home safely just like everyone else.