PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do weekend Pilots persist in making a million radio calls
Old 4th Aug 2004, 01:21
victor two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea what you regard as an excessive level of radio usage but as it was said before, I would rather tolerate a bit of chatter rather than get surprised by an unexpected plane appearing in the windscreen. Student pilots tend to be nervous and be a bit excessive on the radio sometimes but without doubt, the worst example of utter blabber on a radio that I have ever heard was in the Bungles in WA where so called professional pilots just crap on with each other at will. This is on the area frequency as well as their own company freqs. " Passin' ya on the left Macka, behind ya Jacko, can't see ya robbo, where are ya johnno, " Then there is the annoying slang used on the area freq such as " XXX is a Scare-van, fifteen miles north and not going very fast, estimate the north east tip at time 12" etc etc.

Yeah, that's just hilarious really!

Without doubt, some blokes just love the sound of their own voice coming through their headsets.