PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA drug and alcohol tests begin
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2004, 19:27
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if you look on page 1 FFF claims to have witnessed far more than I ever have in 34 years professional aviation, in bars downroute. People in the bar at 2am and up at 6 to see them checking out for duty! Not bad for a 'ground handling instructor' eh! One that is prone to exaggeration methinks!

As for bjcc, I find your posting obscene as well as your spelling atrocious. I make no comments concerning cabin crew. Apart from working on the same aeroplane they bear no more similarity professionally with pilots than refuellers or caterers or engineers do, and I have no idea what they get up to off duty, just as I have no idea if engineers do indeed smoke funny substances at weekends. As far as I am concerned, whatever you feel you know about pilots and banned substances, I don't believe you know more than me about it- I've spent 34 years of being away half the month with them. Pilots are professionals and are very aware of their responsibilities and the fact that there are people all over the world dying to get a pilot's scalp on their belt- it seems to have become a sort of challenge thing. Random tests are still not allowed as far as I know, and if asked to carry out one, I will consult with BALPA for advice before agreeing to participate. So what is all this noise about that BA has introduced them? It's been done in a sensitive way- it seems to have dragged out responses and judgements from people who have nothing to do with it!

Last edited by Notso Fantastic; 3rd Aug 2004 at 20:05.