PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Training In India
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2004, 14:15
tallboyslim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello jboyelias

well if your thinking to get trained in india then these 3 schools are the best:

a) Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi in Rae Bareli.
THis is one of the oldest school in india and run by civila aviation ministry so i suppose good facilities. It also has scholarships for students.

b) A.P Flying Academy in Hyderabad. Have heard a lot of them...The instructors i hear are the best in india. i may be wrong.

c) Bombay flying Club.

d) Madras Flying Club.

If your looking for private schools then there is
a)Ahmedabad Aviation Academy Ahmedabad

b)Orient Flight School, Pondicherry. Runned by a engineering college in chennai specilizing in aeronautical engineering. I heard they have well maintained aircrafts and good staff. you might wanna check this school out. Pondicherry good place to stay too, cheap beers

c)Flytech Aviation Ltd., Hyderabad

I will suggest to check this link for more schools http://dgca.nic.in/licencing/fly-ind.htm . i think u must have already.

well there are about 30 odd schools info on tht link. i hope it will help you out. sorry i cldnt give you the individual links for the schools ht i mentioned above.

Hope this was helpful...btw wer about in india.

cheers
arnold

hello again

Air Sahara runs its own academy. The Sahara India Aviation Academy, in Mahipalpur near Palam Airport, New Delhi.

They dont have a website but thier adress is :

Sahara India Aviation Academy,
249/250 Block A, Road No.6,
National Highway No.8, Mahipalpur,
(Near I.G. International Airport)
New Delhi-110 037.
Tel.: 26782574 Tele Fax : 26782573

so i suggest you call them up and get the details. Since its run by an airline i belive this is a good place to get trained.

You might wanna check this link out: http://www.airsahara.net/airsahara/Aviation.jsp

they have details about the acdemy. This is first time i am hearing about this academy so if you find anything useful please do let me know.

cya around
arnold