PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2004, 11:31
John Purdey

CHINOOK

Tandemrotor. Thanks for the courteous post. First, I promise you i have not the slightest idea who K52 might be; it seems to be just that both of us see it as a straightforward case of crew error.
I take your point about the importance of visual keys as one approaches those hills, but are you suggesting that misreading the terrain caused the crew to press on and that this is what led to the accident? If so, then it was still crew error.
I am not convinced by the suggestion that technical fault caused the crash, even if, as you say, this aircraft was a heap of s***. In that case, why did the crew accept it? (We have been round this particular bouy too many times before, but none of the the nine or so possible technical malfunctions that have been suggested along the way could possibly have caused the crew to press on towards those hills. If you believe that one of them could have done so, then please suggest how).
Thanks for the invitation to meet, but I cannot see what good would come of it (and by the way, my anonimity does not mean that I am Wratten, Day or MOD!! Regards John.