PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates emergency landing in JNB
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2004, 08:11
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cap 56,
I recently finished recurrent and we were told that the crew had filed the appeal, and that they were on non flight pay status( paid to sit at home) until the appeal is heard and the decision is announced. Your guess is as good as mine as to the outcome. I would like to think that common sense will prevail and they will be reinstated, but this is after all Emirates. So it will be a surprise to all because you never know what decisions will be made. This was mostly a training and company philosophy problem. The head of flight ops is gone, and the head of training has been demoted. The pilots have paid enough of a price to this point. The crew, along with every pilot at Emirates, and the pilots who participate in forums like pprune, have used this as a great learning tool. Just look at the number of pages on this thread, and the debate it has caused. We have all learned something from this. As big as Emirates is on the CRM program, is'nt learning the main goal? It is Emirate's time to shine. They will either reinstate the crew knowing that we are all smarter from this or they will fire them, telling us all that management only cares about saving face, at the expense of the crew. We tried to blame Airbus and that did not work, so the crew is all that is left . Time will tell!

Regards,

330 Man