PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 22:51
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Purdey

I hope you will take this response as courteous.

You talk of your hypothesis, as giving you the "heebie-jeebies"

Many of us on this thread (and in the world of SH, and SF ops) agree entirely with you! Our experience, and knowledge of helicopter operations, give us a different perspective to yourself, but essentially, we agree!

It is unthinkable!

Which is precisely why, knowing (and having flown with) the individuals involved we HAVE to consider ALL other options.

NO CREW would have relied so much on any navigation equipment, to have allowed a 500m error, to have meant the difference between life and death!!

The visual picture MUST have played a HUGE and CONVINCING part in the equation for any entry into IMC to have been volountary.

Of course, it may not have been volountary at all!

This is where the airworthiness of that particular aircraft, at THAT particular time can quite reasonably be brought into question! Circumstantial evidence (at least!) tells us CLEARLY that the Mk2 in general, and ZD576 specifically! was a heap of sh:t AT THAT TIME!!!

There is NO record of survivors, eye witnesses, recording equipment, radar traces, radio calls, NOTHING!

Just a smouldering heap of wreckage, and a dodgy MANUFACTURER'S simulation!!

WHY WEREN'T THESE PILOTS GIVEN THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT?

IT STINKS!

John, I will meet with you anywhere to talk. We do need to convince people like yourself. Tell me where it can happen, perhaps Brian may come too?

Take care, and thank you.

posted 29th July 2003 01:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

k52

and had you been more familiar with this case, you would have been more accurate with your assertions!

From where were you quoting the assessment of their abilities?

Or did you just make it up?

.....Well K52, we are STILL waiting!

Sorry to raise this guys, but why do K52, and John Purdey, always seem to crop up together?