PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 20:05
CS-Hover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi

see this way....

under FAA, for you to start you CFI (certified flight insctructor) trainning , must at least, more than 18year old and a commercial certificate (see § 61.183 Eligibility requirements )
so, technally, and in reallity, a person, can after finished is commercial (intrument ratting normally goes with a CFII , certified flight intreument instructor) start a instrcutor course, and after that, start working as a flight instructor

in fact, this is the way, to build hours to a better job (plane guy's go the same route...) ou someone know's a better (with better means commercial operation, payment... etc..) ??

ok, maybe this put's the question, "his this fresh instructors (when associatesd to low timer's in helis) good instructors... ?? "
that i think will have many opinions.... and different ones...

but if you look, that all high time pilots (experienced ones) plus with an instructor rating prefer (mayority) to work commercial, instead of instructiong... (who blame thems .... ) you will see, that right now, the "system" for Civilian Starting 0 hours Heli-Pilots, to gain experience (hours) is to start instructing (whennever they are good pilots and / or good instrucors)

(the unique requiremnt that i'm remebering now, for instructing, is the SFAR 73 or something like that, expecifically for robinson instruction, that requieres at least 200hrs of helicopets with some (can find the sfar, if you want..) in a R22 or R44....

in europe, with JAA, this is a little more difficult, because the requirements of hours/experience is a little different...

what i see, with this possible chance, is that "maybe" there was some "pressure", because, for one side the difficult so low timers/fresh finishers to build up hours in com.ops other than flying instruction, since the other side, is that most experienced pilots (or when arrive to a more or less experienced level) "jump" to com.ops...

but, as many other things with JAA (now EASA, i think, or something like that..) it will take time, to be done...

meanwhile, to be a instructor under JAA, you will be required to a level of experience , that if you have, "maybe you don't want to be a instructor in fisrt place.."

this is a resume, of my point of view, how the things in flight instructiont/build experience go.... i'm NOT entering in the discussion if it is good or not....

and if you know, other ways to go around (build experience thing)
i think that will be many interestd in...

sorry my english...
cheers